Wednesday will possibly mark the beginning of the end for PS3. Playstation 4 will most likely be announced at Sony’s press conference and I pondered what the PS4 should be able to do with the amount of new technology Sony has developed. That being said, I made a list of the things I hope Sony implements for the PS4.
- Backwards Compatibility – After all the money gamers have spent on their Playstation 3, it’s going to be a tough selling point if you can’t play your PS3 games on PS4. At the minimum I would like to see first party title PS3 games playable on PS4.
- Good 1st Party Launch Games – Games like Killzone 4, Fat Princess 2, Playstation All-Stars 2, The Last Guardian (Unlikely), Uncharted 4. and 2 new IP’s.
- PS Move Support
- Cloud Storage
- Bigger Controllers
- Cross-Game Chat – Yeah, it’s about time Sony mans up and implements Cross-Game chat, Rise UP Sony!
- Improved Chat-Room Designs – The Voice Chat Room for PS3 looks like you’re in solitary confinement. In the event Cross-Game Chat doesn’t make it to PS4 I believe the Voice Chat should be more lively, add some color to it Sony!
- Twitter/Facebook Applications – The same way YouTube got their application, Twitter and Facebook should get one too.
- A New XMB Design – The XMB should be newly refurbished with a greater layout.
- Improved Internet Browser
These are my essential expectations for the Sony PS4, hopefully come Wednesday, we’ll have some more information on Sony’s new console.